Description and Purpose
Learn how to deal with some of the most common sporting injuries and medical emergencies such as sprains, cuts, fractures and head trauma.
Two Day Course
This course includes:
- Incident and Casualty Management.
- Record keeping.
- Breathing disorders.
- Recovery position and treatment for shock.
- Types of bleeding and treatment of wounds.
- Application of dressings and bandages.
- Treatment of upper limb fractures and soft tissue injuries.
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints.
- Head injuries – concussion, compression and serious head injury.
- Sports Injury First Aid Kit.
Every candidate, prior to commencement of training for the qualification must: Be 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment
The certificate for successful completion of this course is valid for three years.